About 3T Staffing:
Rely on our handpicked, trusted and professional talent scouts to be your permanent staffing service providers. Our primary goal is to match talented candidates with well sought-after companies. We are the bridge to get you in front of desirable employers who are currently hiring in your niche. Please visit us at https://3tstaffing.com
Intermediate Structural Engineer
The ideal candidate:
- The ideal candidate must hold a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, be able to work in both Canada and US
- Must be eligible to work in the United States and Canada with applicable permits
- Be willing and able to cross the border, for required support of our US or Canadian customers
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Analyze and prepare structural reports.
- Technically competent to perform hand calculations based on American and Canadian Standards of codes.
- Read and understand structural drawings, use design software and drawing tools and sketch structure details and sections.
- Minimal travel to job sites to collect and survey existing conditions.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications drawing.
- Perform site visits and attend meetings with contractors and clients.
- Perform structural analysis and design of steel, concrete, masonry and timber structures.
- Ability to autonomously take a task with minimal directions and ensure successful completion.
- Familiar with industrial applications with emphasis on automotive and conveyor structural engineering experience.
- B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent field with emphasis on structures
- Minimum of 5 years’ practical experience in an engineering environment with experience in the automotive industry
- Professional Engineer License in Michigan or eligible to obtain within a year is required (P.E)
- Familiar with Canadian and American Structural Engineering design standards and codes
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- Experience in structural analysis and design of steel, concrete, masonry, and timber structures
- Experience with Automotive and conveyor structural design projects
Assets and Skills:
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D AutoCAD
- Proficiency in one of the following software:
- Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional
- Autodesk Advance Steel detailing
- SAP 2000
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with superb interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines and fluctuating schedules
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member, demonstrating problem-solving and attention to detail